Painting with Acrylics Short Course
You will learn how to make decisions about your personal preferences for applying colour and material selection for different genres.
Who should take this course?
Anyone wishing to switch from oils or wishing to learn about the vast variety of paints and mediums available within the acrylic range.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
IMPORTANT Information: There is currently no lift access at this site. Access to your classroom is only via stairs-
- How to use acrylics in a variety of techniques
- Limited palettes
- Colour organisation
Please bring to the first session:
- A selection of primary acrylic colours
- Earth colours
- Acrylic retarder
- Acrylic flow medium
- Acrylic pouring medium
- Four small canvasses or boards ( approx 40cm x 50cm)
- Palette knife
- White palette (for mixing paints on)
- Brushes (a variety of different sizes)
Other materials will be advised during the course.
Meet the Tutor:
On this course you will investigate and develop the full potential of modern day acrylic paints and the incredible variety of mediums and colours available. This will be done by physically exploring the possibilities through making paintings of different genres, using a variety of approaches and techniques. Life Painting, Landscape, Still Life and Abstract genres will be included to aid this investigation.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA