Expressive Painting Short Course
Using painting as a medium, you will experience the limitless creative power of self expression. The teaching method is structured around visual exercises in response to a theme. They will accelerate your understanding of essential elements in the creative process. Imagination, intuition, freedom and spontaneity are essential in the development of visual expression.
On completion of the course you will be able to recognise your creative strength, sustain concentration, trust your vision and express your imagination with confidence, through technique, form, and colour. You will be able to unlock and connect to the creative power of your mind.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
IMPORTANT Information: There is currently no lift access at this site. Access to your classroom is only via stairs-
- Students will learn composition, texture and value of colour in abstract, figurative and surreal forms.
- Daily exercises are designed to release student's' potential by establishing an independent vision.
- There will be a demonstration of techniques relating to surface, texture, depth and use of colour.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A flat large plastic or wooden palette
- A palette knife - heart shaped
- White acrylic gesso
- Masking tape
- Small scissors
- Baby wipes with no fragrance
- Jars for water
Brushes (1.5" to 2" long):
- flat 3" wide from hog bristle
- flat 2" wide from hog bristle
- flat 2" wide from nylon
- fan brush for glazing, approximately 1" wide
Paints (acrylics by Winsor & Newton):
- Brown Madder or Raw Umber
- Alizarin Crimson
- Indian Red
- Lemon Yellow
- Indigo or Prussian Blue
- Cadmium Red
- Sap Green
- Viridian Green
- Cerulean Blue
- Zinc White
- Ivory Black
- Matte Acrylic Medium
Meet the Tutor:
In this painting course you will experience the creative power of self expression. The teaching method is structured around visual exercises in response to a theme, accelerating your understanding of essential elements in the creative process.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA