This autumn term, we are recruiting a team of 6 Post-Grad Community Ambassadors, 1 at each of the 6 colleges, with the possibility of further employment.
Here at UAL we have a Post-Grad Community programme active across all of our six colleges. The Post-Grad Community platform aims to build and provide access to a diverse programme of events that target our entire postgraduate taught and research student body.
Ambassadors will assist with our social media channels, help deliver and plan events and act as ambassadors and point of contact for the Post-Grad Community.
"A wonderful opportunity along side your MA study to lead a creative community and get to know fellow students and alumni from all UAL colleges". - 2019 Post-Grad Community Ambassador
This is a fantastic chance for current postgraduate students (both taught and research) to take a more active role in the postgraduate student community at UAL, gain experience and paid work whilst studying.
"It was great to meet different people across the 6 colleges, and to have the opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences with other students and staff".- 2019 Post-Grad Community Ambassador
Previous ambassador led events:
Tasks could include:
- Promoting Post-Grad Community activity on Post-Grad Community social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Writing postgraduate related content for the Post-Grad Community Stories pages
- Assisting at Post-Grad Community events
- Organising and delivering your own Post-Grad Community event
- Helping to grow the Post-Grad Community both online and offline.
- Being an ambassador for the Post-Grad Community at your college, and when the opportunity arises, in other contexts.
Applicants need to be:
- A current postgraduate student at UAL (taught or research)
- Motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good at communication
- Confident and people focused
- Able to work independently, manage your own time, workload and deadlines
- Previous experience of social media, planning and delivering events could be useful, but is not essential.
How to apply:
DEADLINE is 2 October 2019 at 2pm
Email us at PGCommunity@arts.ac.uk with the following:
- Graduation year
- Are you a UK/EU or International student?
- Tell us why you are interested in becoming an ambassador and how you feel you could contribute within this role.
If you are successful and offered the role you must (if not already) be registered with ArtsTemps. It is through this registration that you will receive time sheets to complete and be paid.
Payment will be based on the ArtTemps Single Task rate 2 (£12.89 an hour) and there will be approximately 20 hours a term available per ambassador.
Find out more about the Post-Grad Community at UAL