Language Development tutorials
We offer a range of 1-1 tutorials for international UAL students who need support to improve their English language skills.
What we can help with:
- Language and grammar
- Style, tone and form
- Clarity, meaning and expression
- Academic conventions
What to bring:
- Assignment brief
- Some work to discuss with the tutor - e.g an essay/report/proposal you are writing, a text you find difficult to understand, or a presentation you want to practice.
Choose a tutorial
30 minute tutorials
Arrange a 30 minute tutorial with a Language Tutor.
- Available at various UAL sites
- Choose a time and location.
These are only for dissertation students who are writing their final major assignments.
- 1 hour sessions
- Available at various UAL sites.
Discuss your work 1-1 with a tutor for 30 minutes, without needing to book. Please arrive at the start of the session. Appointments are on a first come, first served basis.
New Drop-in tutorials will be available in the autumn term, October 2019.
You can email up to 500 words to a language tutor who will give you feedback on your written work. They are not a proofreading service, but will help you to develop your writing by highlighting grammatical errors and issues with voice and coherence.
Email your work to email@example.com making sure you mention your deadline.
If you are a PhD student requiring help with your writing, please get in touch with us and we will find you a tutor. We can help you develop your writing, style, tone, structure and more.
Email any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include PhD tutorials in the subject.
- Tutorials are not transferable to another student. You will only be allowed to attend the tutorial if you have booked it in your name.
- You are permitted 4 tutorials per term.
- These tutorials are not a proofreading service but the tutor will offer guidance.
- New sessions are made available weekly.
If you cannot come to your tutorial, you must cancel your booking at least 48 hours before the session. Please log into SkillsForge to cancel your booking. There is a cancellation link you can click at the bottom of the booking confirmation.