skip to main content

Progression Discount

You may be eligible for a £1,000 discount on tuition fees when starting a taught Master's course.


You must meet all these criteria:

  • Start a taught Master's course at the University in the 2019/20 or 2020/21 academic year. This includes MA courses at Drama Centre London. See specific arrangements for the Executive MBA (Fashion) and Central Saint Martins Birkbeck MBA.
  • Have Home/EU or International fee status.
  • Have successfully completed a Foundation Degree, BA, BSc, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Master's course at UAL. You may need to provide evidence of this if the course took place before 1996.

You would not be prevented from being eligible for the Progression Discount in any of these cases:

  • You receive a scholarship managed by UAL.
  • You have already completed a Master's qualification.


In some circumstances you would not be eligible for the discount. These include:

  • starting a four-year Integrated Masters course
  • starting an MPhil or PhD qualification
  • starting the TLE MA Academic Practice.

Deferring your place

The availability of the discount and its eligibility criteria are reviewed each year. They have not yet been decided for 2021/22. As such, it cannot be guaranteed that it will be available if you defer your place to start in 2021/22.

Additional information

Note that:

  • You may be eligible to pay your tuition fee by instalment. The discount would be deducted from your total tuition fee and your instalments would be based on the rest.
  • The £1,000 value of the discount applies to the full course; not to each year of study. Students on two-year Master's courses would receive a £500 discount on each year’s fee.
  • You do not need to apply for the discount. However, you should contact Admissions to confirm the discounted tuition fee. Contact them at if you have Home/EU fee status. Contact them at if you have International fee status.
  • Find out more about the Postgraduate Masters Loan.