Support for disabled and dyslexic students
If you are a disabled or dyslexic student, we can help you use the libraries. Learn more and get in touch with our team for more help and support.
Support from Library Services
- You can borrow books and DVDs from any of UAL’s 6 College libraries. Reserve your items on Library Search and collect at your home library.
- When you borrow books and DVDs, we'll automatically renew them unless they are reserved by other users.
- You can return items to any UAL library.
- You can borrow a MacBook for 5 hours.
- You can book individual silent study spaces, group study rooms or height adjustable tables in advance
- You can book one-to-one sessions with a librarian to help you find material or use databases.
- We provide receipts if you claim back on printing and photocopying costs.
Your disability adviser can also add services to your Individual Support Agreement (ISA):
- Longer loan periods (except renewals, reserved items or items issued over a College holiday period)
- A one-to-one introduction to your College library
- A librarian to be your key contact
- Collection of items by a named support worker
- We can post items to you if you can't come to a library in person
- If you need library resources in an alternative format, we can request it for you.
You can access any of the following in any UAL library:
- Induction loop
- Height-adjustable desk (See Information about Booking a space in the library )
- Cream paper for the photocopiers
Our AccessAble pages show access arrangements for each library:
There are many tools you can use to help you with your learning, including:
- Reading and writing aids
- Mind mapping and referencing tools to help you effectively plan and manage essays
- Tools to convert files and paper documents into accessible formats, such as SensusAccess.
Find out more about Assistive technology at UAL.
We also have online guides to help you use the assistive software on Macs and PCs.
Library support contacts
Please contact us for more help and advice, or if you would like this information in a different format.
Central Saint Martins
London College of Communication
London College of Fashion
We have been accredited with Customer Service Excellence.