Support for disabled and dyslexic students
If you are a disabled or dyslexic student, we can help you use the libraries. Learn more and get in touch with our team for more help and support.
Help with borrowing
- When you borrow items, we'll automatically renew them up to 10 times (if they're not booked by someone else).
- You can reserve items from any UAL library and pick them up at the library that's most convenient for you.
- You can return items to any UAL library.
- You can book one-to-one sessions with a librarian to help you find material or use databases.
- We provide receipts if you claim back on printing and photocopying costs.
Your disability adviser can also add services to your Individual Support Agreement (ISA):
- Longer loan periods (except renewals, reserved items or items issued over a College holiday period)
- A one-to-one introduction to your College library and a librarian to be your key contact
- We can find items for you - we need half a day's notice before you or a helper can pick them up
- We can post items to you if you can't come to a library in person
- If you need something in an alternative format, we can request it for you.
You can access any of the following in any UAL library:
There are many tools you can use to help you with your learning, including:
- Reading and writing aids
- Mind mapping and referencing tools to help you effectively plan and manage essays
- Tools to convert files and paper documents into accessible formats, such as SensusAccess.
Find out more about Assistive technology at UAL.
We also have online guides to help you use the assistive software on Macs and PCs.
Library support contacts
Please contact us for more help and advice, or if you would like this information in a different format.
We have been accredited with Customer Service Excellence.