Skip to main content

How to donate to UAL

Two students creating a wooden structure
Mariah Courtney working in the Studio, FdA Interior Design, Chelsea College of Arts (Credit: © Alys Tomlinson)

There are many ways to support and make a donation to UAL including: donating online or by post and leaving a gift. If you have any questions please get in touch, we are here to help.

Donate online

You can make a gift using a credit card or debit card.

Make a donation

Donate by post

You can also download our Donation form (PDF 106KB) and return it to us by post:

Development and Alumni Relations

University of the Arts London

272 High Holborn

London, WC1V 7EY

Leave a gift to UAL

For more information about leaving a gift in your Will, please contact: Catherine Demoisy,

Gift Aid

Make your gift to UAL worth even more – at no extra cost to you.

If you are a UK tax payer, you can make every £1 you give – or have given – worth 25p more, just by telling us.

This is because the government’s Gift Aid scheme allows UAL to reclaim tax on donation.

This means that you can make an even bigger difference at no extra cost to you.

For your donations to be eligible for Gift Aid you must:

  • Pay an amount of income and/or capital gains tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next)
  • That is at least equal to the tax that all charities reclaim on your donations in that same year.

If you pay higher rate tax you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.

To take part in Gift Aid, please complete the gift aid declaration when making your gift. You can check the HMRC guidance on gift aid

Give from North America

UAL is able to offer a tax-efficient mechanism of giving to American taxpayers through the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF), a charitable organisation approved by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3) of their Code.

You can make your donation to BSUF, expressing a ‘preference for University of the Arts London’ using the detachable Donor Transmittal Form (BSUF Giving Form).

Your cheque should be made payable to the ‘British Schools & Universities Foundation’.

Please post your cheque and form to BSUF:

British Schools & Universities Foundation
575 Madison Avenue, Suite 1006
New York, NY 10022-2511

BSUF will let us know and will send you a receipt which can be used with your next tax return.

In addition, UAL accepts donations though CAF American Donor Fund and CAF America.

US only taxpayers can make donations to UAL via CAF America while UK/USA dual registered taxpayers can make donations to UAL via CAF American Donor Fund.

Contact us

Have a question? Get in touch with us:

Tel: +44 (0)20 7514 8504

or talk to someone in our team.