Fashion Film Short Course
Whether you’re hoping to use the skills yourself or to better enable the directing of others, this fashion film making course introduces a broad range of techniques for the creation of fashion film; from research and planning to shooting, editing and broadcast. The course combines theory, discussion and practical workshops in a friendly and collaborative space. You’ll leave with an understanding of the principles and practicalities of fashion filmmaking, innovative techniques to accomplish them and working in a small crew to create a completed short fashion film.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- An introduction to fashion film and moving image
- Pre-production: innovative research workflows, storyboarding and production planning
- Pitching: each student has the chance to pitch a concept for the shoot; one of which will go into production
- Production: techniques and roles – who does what on a film set and why?
- Post-production: editing, uploading and innovative promotion of your work
- Shoot: collaborative crew-work – planning and shooting your fashion film
- Editing your fashion film, adding music, effects and uploading
- Screening & discussion: viewing your fashion films, discussing the outcomes and any further questions.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- If possible, please bring a laptop - for research and editing
- External hard drive (100gb or more)
- Moving image camera is provided by UAL, but feel free to bring your own.
Adobe ID Login for Short Course StudentsStudents will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college; instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.Please note:
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
- Go to Adobe Sign in page
- Select 'Create an account'
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
Meet the Tutor:
This Fashion Film making course introduces a broad range of techniques for the creation of fashion film; from research and planning to shooting, editing and broadcast. The course combines theory, discussion and practical workshops.