Reflecting Central Saint Martin's Drama Centre ethos, this course will introduce you to the basic principles involved in the Method approach to acting. At the end of the week students will present a series of rehearsed scenes in which they will use some of the techniques learned.
Who should take this course?
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.
- We will look at the basic Method 'questions' through textual analysis, movement and voice.
- There will be an introduction to improvisation based on a storytelling process without text, designed to expand creative imaginative resources.
- Techniques to assist in identifying and releasing impulse will also be covered.
- Material will be drawn from renowned English and American dramatic texts from Shakespeare to Miller, Odets and Osborne.
Please bring with you:
- a notebook
- a pen
- comfortable clothes to move about in.