Book Design and Production
Design a book from start to finish. This hands-on, ten-day course taught by an industry expert covers the process of creating professionally designed and illustrated books. Starting from a blank page, and with no prior knowledge presumed, this course covers page layout and design, typography, working with images, workflow and production techniques, and leads students though all the steps needed to build final print-ready files, and also consider how the print versions cab be repurposed for online viewing.Topics Covered
The course will be taught through lectures, exercises and workshops that cover an end-to-end design and production.
- Layout design
- Embedding images
- Adobe Creative Cloud Software
- Preparing files for print
- Repurposing the files for online versions (ePub and PDF)
- Project: Text-led novel
- Project: Image-led travel book
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of typography, page layout, book design conventions and best practice
- Apply the latest recommended techniques to use Adobe InDesign for professional book creation
- Plan and coordinate the production of streamlined workflows and successful print production
- Consider the factors involved in converting the print files for screens
Beginners. Students should possess basic computer skills. No prior knowledge of Adobe software is assumed.
Follow Up Courses
We also offer bespoke photography courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.