Illustration Drawn to Digital Short Course
You will start with handmade drawing, printmaking and mark-making and be encouraged to develop drawings and texture libraries. With the guidance from your tutor, you will be encouraged to explore the transition between these two ways of working to create projects that can be printed and manipulated digitally, but still retaining the hand of the artist. By working in this way you will be able to make digital technologies work for you, and gain the confidence to use these to support your current practice.
You will leave with an understanding of how personal artistic practice can be enhanced by digital means. By uploading work onto the computer you will learn how to manipulate your designs in Adobe Photoshop. You will learn how to clean up images, add and experiment with textures, as well as playing with the possibilities of pattern repeat and digital collage. By concentrating on using Adobe Photoshop you will be confident with the program to continue developing skills in your own time and finding new ways to add personal style to digital images.
Who should attend
Any artist, designer or illustrator looking to use more handmade elements alongside digital work. Suitable for those looking to keep the traditional methods of mark-making alive without abandoning the benefits available with digital methods. An ideal course for those wanting to find new approaches to their practice and find inspiration from working within an experimental environment.
Beginner / Intermediate
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Artist research, inspiration boards and project development
- Creating handmade textures
- Image and texture Libraries
- Printmaking (stamps, stencils, collage, mono printing)
- Experimental painting
- Specific areas of Adobe Photoshop
- Cleaning of images
- Adding digital colour
- Digital Collage
- Digital pattern repeats
- Preparing artwork for print
Meet the Tutor:
Join Illustration Drawn to Digital and experiment with combining old and new technologies, bringing together the handmade and the digital.