Digital Illustration Online Short Course
This practical and inspiring six week course on Digital Illustration provides an overview to wide variety of digital illustration techniques. You will learn the basics of digital illustration and explore different techniques including digital painting, drawing, and even short animation. You will explore the work of successful illustrators and practitioners from around the world, and you will receive advice from industry experts on how best to approach the discipline and its career paths, trends and opportunities.
Each week youll be given assignments which we will review during the following class.
By the end of the course you will
- Have a good understanding of the various techniques used in digital illustration
- Gain valuable experience using your Wacom tablet
- Be able to apply your learning in different contexts such as vector and isometric illustration, illustrating for the screen, hand-drawing and effects as well as basic animation techniques using GIF.
Who is Digital Illustration Online Short Course for?
This course is perfect for you if you are looking for basic knowledge that covers a lot of different topics and techniques, however we wont be touching on too much in-depth knowledge. If you are looking for an introduction to digital illustration techniques in order to find the right path for you, this is the right course!
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Vector illustration tricks and techniques
- Pattern making
- Isometric illustration
- 3D illustration in Adobe Illustrator
- Hand-drawn digital illustration
- Using a Wacom Tablet
- Drawing effects: textures and colours
- Photography & illustration: collage making
- GIF animation
- Illustration for screens: suitability, use and preparation
- Advice from industry experts
- Digital work exploration
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Course Specific Materials
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Tablet: Wacom tablet (Bamboo or Intuos is fine) or iPad OR you can choose not to use a tablet during this course as well
Meet the Tutor:
This inspiring online short course will provide you with insight into digital illustration techniques, everything from digital painting to animation. You will work with an industry expert to explore this growing creative field.