Personal Fashion Styling Online Short Course
This course provides an introduction to the world of fashion and personal styling. You'll learn how to assess your client's wardrobe requirements in line with their budget and lifestyle, and be taught how to create outfits that will enhance your client's body shape and improve their confidence. You will learn client consultation, wardrobe editing, and colour analysis.
This is a practical course delivered in a series of lectures. Each week you will be set an assignment that allows you to practice topics from the class, and you will be given personal feedback for the tutors. There will be some elements of self directed study, and students will be expected to visit retail environments in order to complete some of the personal shopping tasks.
- Become confident identifying different body shapes and knowing the clothes to suit them
- Learnt to match garments and trends to a clients colouring and personal tastes
- A good understanding of how to assemble looks within budget constraints
- Learnt to work with a range of clients and conduct consultations in a professional manner
- Learnt techniques to explore ideas and looks with clients including moodboards
- Received tips and trips from accomplished personal stylists
- Received personal feedback on you assignments from the tutors
- Gained a valuable insight into the personal styling profession, and how to become a successful stylist
Who is Personal Fashion Styling Online Short Course for?
This course is suitable if you are working in, or seek to work in the fashion industry as a personal stylist or personal shopper, as well as a range of other careers such as buyers or merchandisers. It will also benefit those currently studying fashion, or for those who plan to go on to develop their own fashion brands - or simply anyone who wishes to learn more about how to improve their own sense of personal style.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- A background to the Fashion Media and different types of styling. Why does styling matter? What does a stylist do?
- Key skills for a personal stylist
- Identifying body shapes and proportions for women
- Shapes and silhouettes - building effective wardrobes for every body shape
- Luxury vs budget - when to save and when to spend
- Working within a client budget to create current looks
- Wardrobe edits and capsule wardrobes
- Creating mood boards with clients
- An exploration of trends, how to spot them, and what impact do they have on us and our clients?
- An introduction to trend forecasting
- Insider tips on fit and wardrobe hacks
- How to conduct a client consultation
- Using a client's skin, eye and hair colour to identify the best tones for clothing
- Completion of research tasks and independent research
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course in personal fashion styling will increase your knowledge about the fashion industry and clients styling needs. You will develop practical skills useful for any career or business in the fashion industry.