Bridalwear Short Course
On this wedding dress making course you'll explore the specialist techniques you need to create contemporary bridalwear. You will begin by discussing current trends and with the guidance of the tutor, create a bodice design of your choice. By working from either a block or working on the stand you will complete a toile for a fitted bodice, refitting where necessary and then making up in your chosen fabric. You will move on to discuss skirt and dress patterns such as fishtail or bias cut before completing various toiles. During the course you will investigate different types of surface decoration such as lace, piping and bias frills as well as discussing veils and petticoats.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Contemporary and historical inspiration for making wedding dresses
- Pattern alterations
- Surface decoration options
- Lining and boning
- Rouching and draping
- Bodice detail - lace and beaded fabrics
- Integrated trains
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- One wedding magazine of your choice
- HB Pencil
- Fabric shears
- Small sharp pointed scissors or stitch ripper
- Fine steel pins
- Tape measure
- Tailors chalk
- Large set square
- Hand sewing needles
- Paper scissors
Meet the Tutor:
Learn how to create contemporary Bridal Wear on our wedding dress making course. By studying current trends you will create a bodice design as well as exploring specialist skills such as rouching, integrated trains, bias frills and more.