Introduction to Making Latex Clothes Short Course
The first two days you will learn the techniques involved in the making of a simple latex garment. The latter part of the week will involve a very exciting challenge as the students must bring with them a fabric garment they wish to re-create in a heavier grade of Latex. This would be more outer wear garments such as Jeans/Trousers, Jackets, Coats, and Hoodies etc.
The garment can have any pockets, a collar, fastenings, zips, elastic etc. The colour of Latex provided for this will be black. Also, fastenings such as press studs, rivets & eyelets will be provided and zips used in most Latex garments, but again, if any specific zip or fastening is required students must provide these themselves.
This will be an intensive but very enjoyable course giving students the chance to learn many new skills and directly apply them to making at least 2 garments by the end of the week.
Entry requirements: This is a beginners course but previous experience in making clothes would be an advantage.
Level: All levels.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Learn and practice basic techniques such as bonding seams, hems edging & trims, inserting zips & appliques
- Tracing patterns, cutting out and making garment
- Bring garment you wish to re-create to life from pattern you have made
- Sharp Tailors scissors (Fiskars or similar)
- Small Rotary cutter
- Tape measure
- Pencil, Eraser & ruler
- Any zips or fastenings required for your main Garment
- Bring a fabric garment you wish to re-create on the first day
Meet the Tutor:
In this 5 day course students will learn many new skills involved in the making of Latex clothes and utilise them in creating their own latex garments. The course will be taught by Nick Jones – a well-known designer & manufacturer in the industry with 17 years’ experience.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA