Sustainable Fashion Short Course
On the practical level, by the end of the course you will leave with a handbook of information and through a series of workshops create a plan forward for personal projects on this field.
The course is taught by two tutors with a combined 20 years of working in sustainable fashion and experience of setting up new businesses, designing for the high street, and managing projects with global corporations. Above all, they share a passion for improving the way fashion does business.
Entry requirements: None
Level: All levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
Topics covered include:
- overview of the fashion supply chain
- textile fibres and sustainable alternatives
- design methods
- approaching sustainability through design
- successful sustainable brands
- fast fashion, how we consume, and waste within the industry
- waste clothing (life cycle analysis)
Please bring with you to the course the following materials:
REASEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Sketch book
- Note book
- Pencil and pens
Meet the Tutor: