Fashion Styling and Making Workshops for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
This popular fashion summer school course is ideal if you are considering fashion or styling as a future career, or if you wish to try something new and have a passion for fashion and the fashion industry. Upon completion you will have new skills to help you continue pattern cutting, customising, styling, making your own collection and much more as well as a solid content for a portfolio for further applications. You will explore the process very much in the spirit of Central Saint Martins, where your own personal and explorative approach will be celebrated.
This promises to be an exciting and unique experience for any 16-18 year-old who is:
Interested in developing their own creativity
Building a portfolio for future studies
Confident in learning from their mistakes
Keen to work with students of different nationalities
Willing to work and collaborate with others during projects
Wishing to develop their skills in communicating ideas.
Central Saint Martins is internationally famous for fashion design. Ex-students include Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Matthew Williamson and John Galliano, to name just a few
Fashion Styling and Making for 16 to 18 Year Olds is a stand-alone course but also dovetails with the preceding Fashion Design and Draping Workshop for 16 to 18 Year Olds to make a complete 4-week Fashion Summer School course that will really meet the needs of aspiring fashion students.
Need help with accommodation in London this summer? Visit our accommodation section
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd. Find out more about our digital badges and credentials.
Activities will include:
• Working in 3D - silhouettes and draping
• Fashion Styling
• Garment Customisation
• Introduction to Pattern Cutting
• Machine and Hand Stitching
• Keeping a Photo Journal
• Design Idea Generation
• Professional photo shoot
• Presentation Skills
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Cutting knife
- Glue/Pritt stick
- Ruler or set square
- Tape measure
- Mixed drawing materials: colour pencils, pastels, markers, colour pens
- Laptop or IPad for online research, currently there is limited access to the library
- A USB stick
Meet the Tutor:
Whether you consider yourself a complete beginner or if you are studying art, design or fashion at school, this fashion summer school course will give you an experience of fashion as taught at Central Saint Martins. Developing your confidence in experimentation, idea generation and creativity will be important activities alongside building your technical skills to help inform you how to become a fashion designer.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA