Experimental Fashion Design Online Short Course
This experimental fashion design course is for students that have some experience in fashion design but would like to take their design skills further and explore their creative potential. Throughout the course you will be taught how to believe in your ideas and concepts, and gain confidence to develop them into something exciting. You will begin with in-depth research to really inspire and kick-start your creativity. The course will then introduce you to different ways of developing your individual ideas and concepts. You will work on 3D and 2D exercises that will help inform your designs in order to create a unique fashion collection. This can be anything from a contemporary wearable collection to sculptures worn on a body - wherever you want to establish yourself as a contemporary designer.
Who is Experimental Fashion Design Online Short Course for?
This is an intermediate level course, to take part you will need some prior experience of Fashion Design. It will teach you how to create the new and fascinating designs, and is particularly useful for designers looking to broaden their creative horizons.
By the end of the course you will have accumulated an extensive body of work - a sketchbook filled with research, development in 3D and 2D and designs. You will also have an illustrated collection for your portfolio. This is a fun course where there are no limits to your creativity.
You will also gain:
- An increased knowledge of fashion design
- An increased knowledge of research and development
- Experience in draping and 3D development
- An increased knowledge of drawing and illustration
- Increased knowledge of what goes into a fashion portfolio
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
Please bring the following materials to the first session
- Pen and paper
For later sessions you will need:
- Drawing materials
- 2-3m of fabric of your choice
- Defining yourself as a designer
- Completing inspirational research
- Developing your designs with 3D techniques
- Expressing ideas with collage
- Working with stencils
- Producing Toiles
- Creating a collection
Meet the Tutor:
This experimental online short course will help you explore your creative potential and gain confidence in your ability. You will work on 3D and 2D designs to create your own unique fashion collection in a niche market of your choice.