Create a Fashion Portfolio Intermediate Short Course
You will document your responses through drawing, photography and collage in order to create a rich and exciting research archive. This will lead you from innovative idea development and experimental design through to finished designs, which will be presented in an individual and unique portfolio.
Your portfolio should represent your personal approach to fashion design. You will be encouraged to respond creatively to your personal research and to develop unique presentation skills.
Who should take this course?
This is an intermediate course aimed at students with some prior experience in art and design. In order to fully benefit from this unique course, students must engage with and respond creatively to their personal research.
Some previous experience in art and design is required. You will be expected to be ambitious and push your understanding of fashion by challenging any preconceived ideas. This course is for students aged 18 years and over. Students aged 16 and 17 years old can find a similar course by visiting our courses for teenagers section of the website.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- You will search for inspiration in unexpected places, finding and creating references that express your personal point of view.
- We will begin by visiting galleries and various places of interest to gather an extensive set of images that will reflect your creative universe.
- The course will take you through a series of individual and group tutorials.
- Intensive drawing workshops will help you to develop your fashion muse and to discover your own individual drawing style.
- You will work with your design tutors to interpret your research by responding to your images and documenting your experimentation.
- Using a dress stand, you will decide on scale, proportion and technique, which will lead to further idea development for garment design, fabric manipulation, prints and embroideries.
By the end of the course you will have created a unique portfolio of work that represents your individuality and personal style.
Please bring the following to your first session:
- Fine liner pens
- Watercolour paints
- Felt tip pens
- Glue stick
Meet the Tutor:
This course will give you an authentic Central Saint Martins experience that will take you through the process of collecting exciting personal research from diverse and inspiring sources.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA