Bodywear and Activewear Design Online Short Course
This course covers the design processes of Activewear and Bodywear enabling you to design your own capsule collection. You will also gain valuable insights into the Activewear and Bodywear industry, to ensure you have a sound understanding of the market opportunity.
You’ll focus on research development, customer profiling, establishing a market level, concept development, exploring design details/components and even evaluating production and supply chain options.
This course also includes trend, fabric and colour palette development to aid your collection, with drawing tips and range planning. You will be working both independently and in groups, with regular group feedback.
Please note that this is a design-based course and does not include any garment construction work or pattern cutting.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- How to conduct design research
- How trend forecasting influences design and drives creativity
- Sound knowledge of your market and the design opportunity
- Toolkit for sketching and creating technical packs for factory production
- Knowledge of fabric/component supply chain options
- Understanding of how to inform the product lifecycle and options for production
- Produced a body of work that will contribute to a portfolio that can be used for the industry or to enter into further study
Who is Activewear and Bodywear Design Online Short Course for?
This course is perfect for fashion designers, textile artists, students looking to bolster a portfolio, and curious entrepreneurs who wants to learn a new skill in design specific to Activewear & Bodywear.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- A4 layout 45gsm paper pad
- Technical/mechanical pencil
- Fine black pens
- Materials for colour work in your preferred medium (e.g. coloured pencils, water soluble coloured pencils, felt tip pens etc)
- Notepad and pen for note taking
To participate in the online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- A reliable and fast internet connection (2 Mbps minimum)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Design Planning
- Trend Forecasting
- Customer Profiling
- Market Analysis
- Sketch Toolkit & Tips
- Technical Pack Creation
- Supply Chain Comparison
- Production Options
Meet the Tutor:
This online course is an introduction to designing sportswear. You will create your own designs and gain knowledge of this sector of the industry.