Fashion Media Styling Commercial Short Course
For budding stylists keen to take their first steps in this popular fashion career path, this fashion media styling course looks at the variety of media styling options available to you, and the day-to-day working life of a stylist. You will learn how and where to find inspiration, creating two complete looks that you will shoot on the last day together with a professional photographer, model and hair and make up artist.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- How to present your aesthetic using key fashion phrases and terms
- Timeline of key moments in fashion history
- Background history of stylists and contextualisation of their role
- The roles of a stylist working today
- An in-depth look at commercial styling - lookbooks, advertisements and ecommerce
- How to interpret a style brief - understanding your audience and your client
- Making contacts - utilising fashion PRs and social media networks to generate work
- Pathways into styling - how to gain valuable work experience in the industry
- Sourcing research both online and in print - where to find it and how to file it
- Tools are needed in a styling kit and where to buy them
- How to work on a professional studio photoshoot directing a team which includes a professional model, photographer and hair and makeup artist.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notebook and pen
- Please bring a laptop / smartphone or tablet
You should be prepared to bring/source clothes, materials and props for your shoot day.
Meet the Tutor:
Our Commercial Fashion Styling course has been designed for budding stylists keen to take their first steps in this popular fashion career path.