Fashion Buying and Merchandising Online Short Course
Who decides what we are wearing next season? How do the products arrive in stores? Why are some retailers successful and others are not? This is all down to the fashion buyers and merchandisers, the main drivers of any retail business and very influential decision-makers.
This fashion buying course covers the key elements of 'Fashion buying and merchandising 1 and 2'. This online course will give you a unique insight into industry practices, through real case studies and practical projects.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- The role of the fashion buyer
- Major fashion retail brands
- Roles and responsibilities of retail fashion buyers and merchandisers
- Trade fairs, ready-to-wear and couture shows
- Trend prediction and seasons
- Fabric and styling terminology
- Numeracy and competitor shopping skills
- Fashion supply chains
The projects you'll be asked to undertake involve mathematical formulae therefore it's essential you have an understanding of maths to GCSE level C or equivalent.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course you will learn the skills used by fashion buyers and merchandisers to achieve business results on the high street. Ideal if you are considering a career in buying and merchandising.