Introduction to the Fashion Industry for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
Through practical workshops, lectures and seminars you will explore the industry, understand the opportunities on offer, and what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- History of the fashion business
- Structure and current environment
- Styling and promotion
- The fashion calendar
- Fashion journalism
- Media and press
- Buying and merchandising
- Types of retailers
- Marketing and PR
- Sales and distribution
- Show production and event management
- Retail visits to undertake trend research
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
Meet the Tutor:
Our Introduction to the Fashion Industry for teenagers is for anyone interested in a career in fashion and will introduce you to the many different disciplines and career choices.