Careers Opportunities in Luxury Fashion Online Short Course
Have you ever dreamt of working in the luxury fashion industry? This online short course, designed and delivered by a specialist luxury fashion recruiter, will give you vital insights into the diversity of roles available, the trends and growth areas, and will help you build your personalised career strategy.
Youll gain a strong understanding of the inner workings of the luxury industry, and the jobs available within it. You will learn how to select the job roles that are right for you, research potential employers, and then present yourself effectively online, in your application, and at interview.
Through weekly live sessions in the online classroom, you will meet your tutor and fellow classmates for lively discussions and presentations of key information. The discussion will continue in the chat forum, and each week youll complete practical assignments as you prepare your career plan and search strategy, draft a CV, and prepare for interview. Youll receive personalised feedback from an experienced recruiter at every step, as well as hearing the advice given to your classmates.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Gained a better understanding of the luxury fashion landscape
- Explored different sectors within the fashion industry and become familiar with the job roles within them
- Created your own bespoke career search strategy
- Designed your own CV, LinkedIn profile and social media presence
- Gained knowledge of the interview process, prior research and interview etiquette
- Received personalised feedback from your tutor on each of your assignments
Who is Career Opportunities in Luxury Fashion (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for individuals who wish to broaden their knowledge of the careers available in luxury fashion. An ideal introduction for recent graduates, aspiring professionals and those who already work in this field. The course will guide you through how to map your next career steps, by providing you with the skills needed to advertise yourself to the industry.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- An overview of the luxury fashion industry
- Career opportunities for graduates and aspiring professionals
- How to research fashion businesses
- Analysing the luxury market: customers, product categories, trends.
- Job roles in the luxury sector: from head office to the shop floor
- The cultural differences between brands
- An overview of economic sustainability within the luxury sector
- Deconstructing job descriptions
- An introduction to industry leaders
- Career changes and how to integrate effectively
- Why CVs matter and how to create your own
- Perfecting your online presence: From LinkedIn to social media
- Investigating companies and how to utilise your research
- Interview preparation and how best to answer common questions
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date installation of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
Meet the Tutor:
This online course is an introduction to the career paths available in luxury fashion. You'll broaden your knowlege of the sector while gaining the skills needed to prepare in applying for your dream job role.