How to Start Your own Fashion Business Online Short Course
If you have ever had the dream of having your own fashion company, why not start to make that dream come true? This course will get you started, showing you how to develop your business ideas. Throughout the course there will be lectures and workshops which will inform you about the process of setting up a fashion business. The course covers creative as well as business aspects, with a focus on fashion design. Individual advice and guidance is given during a project tailored to your requirements. You will be provided with lecture notes and given feedback on your work throughout the course.
You will need to bring a laptop or tablet to each session.
Who should take this course?
- The course is suitable for those with no knowledge of the fashion industry as well as those with some previous experience.
- Even if you have no intention of setting up business straight away, you may find that this course helps you to explore career paths within fashion.
- In the past, many fashion students who took this course went on to start their own business.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- We begin the course with a complete overview of the fashion industry and where you can fit in with a chance to succeed.
- You will learn how to research very carefully who your target market will be.
- You will need to research who your competition will be so that you can provide your customer with something unique and special.
- We will explore design, fabric, costing, market positioning, social media networking
- Finally, we will consider how to attract buyers and make a profit..
You will be expected to give a short presentation at the end of the course. This presentation will become your own portfolio of work.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A4 file
- A laptop or tablet.
Meet the Tutor:
Dream of having your own fashion company? This course will show you how to develop business ideas through lectures and workshops, informing you about the process of setting up a fashion business. The course covers creative and business aspects.