Multimedia Storytelling Online Short Course
Multimedia storytelling is a technique of telling a single story or story experience across multiple platforms using traditional and digital media formats. This interactive, inspiring course will introduce you to storytelling and multiplatform content creation and curation approaches. Multimedia storytelling offers an opportunity for deconstructing a brand story and using diverse communications channels (digital and print media) in the most effective way to reinforce and extend marketing reach.
Over four weeks you will analyse and critique case studies, research, create, write and art direct content for digital media, posters, magazines, TV and radio. You will gain an understanding of complexities of various platforms and learn how to develop a narrative that can be told across them in an engaging way for your target audience. Week by week, you will apply newly acquired knowledge to your campaign project with the help of tutor and peer-to-peer feedback.
By the end of this course you should have:
- A firm understanding of the fundamentals of multimedia storytelling
- Identified and evaluated the components of effective multimedia campaigns
- Developed a multimedia brief and responded to it with confidence
- Produced content and launched it on social media Received personal feedback on your outputs from the tutor
Who Should Attend
This course will be incredibly useful if you are working in or studying advertising, marketing, PR, or fundraising, and want to how multimedia storytelling is transforming advertising, and how to use it to enhance your own communications and engage with audiences.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- Notebook and pen
- New and old habits of media consumption
- Characteristics of communications channels (digital media, print, TV, radio)
- Brand identity, image and narrative
- Identifying story elements, composition and message
- Target audience analysis
- Market research
- Campaign concept development
- Linking messages between platforms
- Maximising the potential of the campaign and various media platforms (digital, print, radio, TV etc.) and other formats (events, talks, exhibitions, installations, performances etc.)
- Guerrilla marketing
- User generated content
- Community management
- Planning for multimedia campaign, time and people management
- Measuring campaign efficiency and campaign optimisation
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course will develop your understanding of multimedia storytelling. You will analyse and critique case studies, research, create, write and art direct content for digital media, posters, magazines, TV and radio.