Join SketchUp for Interior Design and learn a fast and efficient way to accurately design and present your ideas in three dimensions. Suitable for both beginners and for interior designers looking to refresh or increase their SketchUP knowledge.
Using an interior space as a working example this course will lead you through the process of importing, modelling, rendering and exporting your work.
This relatively simple software package is a powerful tool providing you and your clients with 3D representations of your proposals.
Who Should attend
The course is suitable for students wishing to design and display their proposals quickly within a three-dimensional environment. Suitable for both beginners and those looking to refresh or increase their SketchUP knowledge.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
Following this course you will be able to use SketchUp to develop your design ideas into presentation ready 3D models and export as both a still visualisations or a simple animation. These skills are valuable to both independent designers or those working within a larger design practice.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- User interface and its menu sets
- Model set up including working units and accuracy
- Line tool: drawing a floor plan - method 1
- Importing a JPG: drawing a floor plan - method 2
- Push/Pull tool: Creating a 3D model from a floorplan
- Tape Measure tool: creating openings
- 3D Warehouse: importing 3D elements
- Groups and components
- Applying textures
- Outliner: organising a model
- Project presentations
- Exporting views
- Adding shadows
- Section cut
- Scenes and animations
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- A three-button wheel mouse
- SketchUp Make 2017 - you can download a free version of SketchUP Make here.
Course specific materials
- Notebook and Pen
- 2GB USB Memory stick, if you have one - this is not an essential item