SEO Short Course
Enrich yourself with a detailed understanding of how Google measures quality and what you need to do to begin building valuable organic website traffic. Learn how to write for the web and track and measure your success. Build authority in your niche, and understand the detailed breakdown of the technical considerations to transform your website.
Through a combination of lecture based learning and practical workshop exercises you will gain tools to create your own SEO strategy. Part of the course will also examine industry leading tools and how professionals rise above their competitors.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand how search engines like Google discover, index and rank websites
- Develop and understand content marketing and the relationship between SEO, PR and social media
- Gain knowledge of the tools, resources and techniques used by the professional SEO
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for communications professionals, journalists, business owners and entrepreneurs.
Beginners, students should have basic computing skills and a basic understanding of SEO.
All our on campus courses include:
- Networking opportunities and the chance to share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access to the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Access to our college shops for any materials you might need
- The chance to ask questions to your tutor in real time
- Feedback and critique on your assignments
- The opportunity to experience the many sights of London on your down time
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained or demonstrated
- We also offer learning resources for you to access outside of the classroom
All our online short courses include:
- Live and interactive online lessons with classmates from around the world
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
- The opportunity to ask questions to your tutor in real time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your CV.
- The SEO basics
- Google Analytics
- Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- Writing for the web
- Keyword research
- Competitor research checklist
- An introduction to backlinks
- Backlink building and content marketing
- SEO, social media and PR
- YouTube optimisation
In order to get the most out of this course you should bring the following materials to your first session:
On campus materials
- A notepad and pen
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
Uncover the mystery of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). During this one-day SEO training course you will understand what SEO is, how search engines like Google work, how they read and understand content.