Styling for Interiors Online Short Course
You will learn all the skills required to style beautiful interiors and magazine projects. Whether you have an interest in styling real homes, photographic shoots or styling for magazine projects you will learn all the rules of an interior stylist to then create your own portfolio of work.
Structured around an interiors brief and various practical lessons you will learn the principles of styling.
You will learn about colour theory, room layout, how to shop for styling elements and how to introduce texture and fabrics, as well as key interior trends and how to reference periods and styles. An introduction to styling for magazines and interior product photography will also be covered.
You will have acquired the creative and logistical knowledge to style interiors from the concept and mood board through to the space itself. You will learn to consider styling elements, colour theory and decoration techniques. You will also learn how to develop a stylist’s eye and leave with the knowledge as to how to create inviting and inspirational spaces.
Who should attend
Anyone with an interest in interiors looking to grow their knowledge and experience of styling. Ideal if you are looking to pursue a career as a photographic stylist, interior stylist or events stylist. Or perhaps you are simply interested in learning how to style your own home, or prepare it for a future sale or rental.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- Please also sign up for a free canva.com account, which you will use to create a digital moodboard.
Course specific materials
Please source the following materials:
- Notebook, pen and pencils
- Scissors and scalpel
- Pencil sharpener and eraser
- Paper glue stick
- Copydex glue (or glue suitable for sticking fabric)
- A selection of interior design and life style magazines which you are prepared to cut up for images or brochures with interiors products
- The role of the Interior Stylist
- Taking, interpreting and working from a client brief
- Developing a scheme
- Design concept and board
- Trend awareness
- Colour theory
- Decorative styles and styling principles
- The design process of a stylist
- Displaying collections and arrange furniture
- Sourcing objects and materials
Meet the Tutor:
You will learn all the skills required to style beautiful interiors and magazine projects. You will learn all the rules of an interior stylist to then create your own portfolio of work.