Adobe Premiere Pro Video Editing for Beginners Short Course
Adobe Premiere Pro is fast becoming the industry standard software for video editing both in businesses and in post production houses due to its flexibility, cross platform compatibility, and intuitive design. This in-depth course will enable beginners to become proficient in its use.
The beginners course will cover the video editing process from start to finish using Adobe Premiere Pro.
Through instructor led demonstrations and exercises you will learn how to edit a short promotional video or film using a variety of media, adding video effects and titles and finally exporting your finished video. All media will be provided, although you are also welcome to bring your own videos, stills, etc.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the Adobe Premiere interface, video workflows and digital video formats
- Edit video, audio and other media content proficiently
- Add video effects, transitions, titles and video generators to enhance your video
- Complete a short promotional video or short film
- Render and export the final video edit
Who should attend
Aspiring video artists, filmmakers and graphic artists looking to gain an understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Media management
- Import settings
- Digital video formats and standards
- Video editing tools and techniques
- Adding effects and transitions
- Audio mixing
- Adding titles
- Exporting finished video
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college; instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page
- Select 'Create an account'
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
It would also be advantageous to bring headphones/earphones with a standard mini audio jack, to plug into the computers.
Meet the Tutor:
Learn how to edit films and videos with Adobe Premiere Pro on this beginners level short course at London College of Communication (LCC)
- London College of Communication
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address Elephant & Castle London SE1 6SB
college: London College of CommunicationMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- London College of Communication
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Elephant & Castle
- SE1 6SB