Adobe After Effects and Animation Beginners Short Course
This three day course is designed for people wanting to understand the basic parameters of this industry standard, the program contains a series of engaging tutor demonstrations and practical exercises that give you the chance to apply your learning to live projects.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the After Effects interface and main concepts
- Work with comps and pre-comps
- Use keyframes to animate an object's main parameters
- Understand and use easing and keyframe interpolation
- Use effects to create animation
- Apply basic animation to text
- Use solids and masks to create animation
- Optimise preferences
- Render and export an After Effects project into different video formats
Who Should Attend
Aspiring video artists, filmmakers and graphic designers looking to gain an understanding of Adobe After Effects
Beginner: You do not need any prior knowledge of Adobe After Effects.Experience using CC platforms such as Photoshop or Illustrator will be to your advantage, but not necessary.
Please be advised that this course will be taught using the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you do not already have Adobe Creative Cloud, please sign up for a free 7 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. For courses longer than 7 days a monthly subscription of 16.24/month is available.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- Exploring the interface
- Compositions and settings
- Importing artwork
- Working with layers
- Exploring the timeline
- Creating basic animation
- Keyframes, interpolation and easing
- Applying effects
- Basic Text in After Effects
- Preferences and key settings
- Rendering and exporting
Meet the Tutor:
Adobe After Effects is one of the principal platforms used in the motion graphics and animation sectors. Used primarily for creating motion graphics and visual effects, countless film and TV opening sequences and trailers were made using this software.