Stone Setting In Silver Jewellery Short Course
Gemstones have been used in jewellery for thousands of years, creating a colourful contrast to the metal in which they are set. Several different styles of stone setting will be explored in this course, using set projects to create several pieces of jewellery with cabochons and faceted cuts of semiprecious gemstones.
This is a course for students who have already completed a beginners course or have prior experience of jewellery making.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Flush, rub-over and prong set jewellery will be fabricated from fine and sterling silver.
- Students will learn how to construct handmade mounts.
- The course also covers which types of stones are most suitable for particular settings, and their physical properties which dictate this.
All course materials are provided including silver and gemstones.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- An apron
- Sensible footwear ie. no 'open toe' sandals
- Hair band (if you have long hair)
All other course materials are provided including silver and gemstones
Meet the Tutor:
This course provides the perfect introduction to basic stone setting techniques for students who have some experience of fabricating silver jewellery.