Jewellery with Wood Short Course
You will explore how to make contemporary sculptural jewellery pieces with silver inlay, inlaid pearls and laminating different woods. We will be shaping and decorating and there will be time to experiment from what we have learnt during the week. We will make a pendant with small silver dot inlay, a ring or pendants with silver line inlay, a ring or pendants with an inlaid pearl, a laminated piece and a painted carved piece of your choice.
Who should take this course?
Complete beginners or those with jewellery skills who wish to learn another material without needing to make large investment in new tools.
There will be guided exercises that also allow for individual design input. We will look at the diverse range of jewellery by contemporary designers using wood in a huge variety of ways and information will be given on sourcing materials.
By the end of the course you should learn a variety of ways to use wood in jewellery and ideas for how to continue more projects. You will make at least 4 pieces of jewellery in wood using different decorative methods
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- sawing and shaping wood for silver inlay
- inlay of freshwater pearls
- laminating woods
- different methods to integrate wood into completed jewellery
Please bring to the first session:
Meet the Tutor:
On this course you will explore how to make contemporary sculptural jewellery pieces with silver inlay, inlaid pearls and laminating different woods. We will be shaping and decorating and there will be time to experiment and build on what you have learnt.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA