Jewellery And Wax Carving Short Course
This course gives an exciting and in-depth introduction to the art of wax carving for jewellery.
All techniques will be covered, from design to finished work cast in silver. In addition, the course will cover mould and tool making for the use of production items.
Intermediate jewellery skills are advantageous but not essential.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
The full agenda will be provided by your tutor on the first day of your course.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- An apron
- Sensible footwear to protect your feet. No 'open toe' sandals
- Hair band (if you have long hair)
Meet the Tutor:
This course gives an exciting and in-depth introduction to the art of wax carving for jewellery. All techniques will be covered, from design to finished work cast in silver.