Introduction To Silversmithing Short Course
This course gives an exciting introduction to the craft of silversmithing. It is an area of design which is both engaging and fulfilling, where you can design and make 3D objects. During the course you will work on a set project with silver to produce a beautiful piece of work.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
The course is initially structured around a silversmithing project in which simple and practical techniques are taught.
The experience and knowledge gained will enable you to design and make further pieces. The silver for the first project is covered by the course fee and you provide metal for further projects.
Personal hand skills such as forming, piercing, soldering and filing will be tackled during the course and tools needed for this will be provided.
The outcome of the course is not to produce a piece of jewellery, however, the skills you learn can be applied to jewellery making.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A notebook
- An apron
- For health and safety reasons, if you have long hair please bring a hair tie with you.
Meet the Tutor:
This course gives an introduction to the craft of silversmithing. It is an area of design which is both engaging and fulfilling, where you can design and make 3D objects. During the course you will work with silver to produce a beautiful piece of work.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA