Shoe Design for Beginners Online Short Course
Shoes have always been an integral part of any fashion story, reflecting the influences and moods of the time. In this introductory course you will learn the fundamental shoe design techniques. You will be set a mini design project that will illustrate the interactive nature of footwear design and fashion.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- an introduction to the last (the mould the shoe is formed around), heels and units and how these are drawn
- the essential techniques used in drawing and designing different types of footwear- such as a variety of footwear including – high/mid and low heel pumps and sandals. Brogues, Loafer, boots and many more.
- presentation techniques and bottom construction design including sock and sole
- theory regarding the different upper materials and edge treatments that can be integrated into your design ideas
- the various types of footwear and constructions used in the making process in the footwear industry
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please source the following materials:
- 1 inch roll of masking tape
- A3 or A4 sketch pad
- Pencil or Retractable Pencil and Rubber
- A camera would be useful but not essential
Meet the Tutor:
On this course you will learn fundamental shoe design techniques. You will create a three dimensional mock up of your chosen design, part of a mini design project that will illustrate the interactive nature of footwear design and fashion.