Footwear Pattern Cutting Short Course
For beginners or students with some relevant experience, this shoe pattern course fills a gap between footwear design courses and shoe-making courses. This practical and inspirational course is perfect for anyone wishing to take their first steps towards a professional career in the footwear industry.
London College of Fashion joined forces with the world-renowned Cordwainers College in 2000, forming a union of unique specialist expertise in footwear and accessories. This collaboration has broadened LCF’s portfolio of specialist courses and since its formation has trained some of London’s most interesting shoe designers.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Footwear pattern cutting techniques, producing forms, standards and sectional patterns
- Last measurements
- Foot measurements
- Size conversions
- Footwear components and fittings
- Properties of different upper materials
- Different types of edge finish and seams
- Assembling samples and finished uppers from patterns
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- HB pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Roll of masking tape (1 inch wide)
All other specialist equipment will be provided.
Meet the Tutor:
This practical Footwear Pattern Cutting course is perfect for anyone wishing to take their first steps towards a professional career in the footwear industry.