Bag Design Online Short Course
Bag design is one of the most interesting and fascinating growing areas of Fashion. This introductory course will help you to develop your love of handbags from dream into reality. Showing you what's involved creatively in each of the different areas of research, taking you through design stages and development to reach your final idea. You will also learn about new materials and current trends in Bags, including developments in sustainability and Technology.
After completing this course students will learn how to focus their creative ideas, how to present them and where to go next.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Trend research
- Storyboards /mood boards
- Developing design concepts and your personal design brief
- Material research and fittings
- Working drawings and looking at spec sheets
- Insight in to the bag industry
- Introduction to prototyping
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
You'll also need the following materials:
- Thin card or pattern cutting card (A3)
- Masking tape
- Steel ruler
- Cutting board
Meet the Tutor:
This Bag Design short course will teach you whats involved creatively at each stage of the design process from conception to development to your final idea.