Bag Design Online Short Course
Bag design is one of the most interesting and fascinating growing areas of Fashion. This introductory course will help you to develop your love of handbags from dream into reality. Showing you what's involved creatively in each of the different areas of research, taking you through design stages and development to reach your final idea. You will also learn about new materials and current trends in Bags, including developments in sustainability and Technology.
After completing this course students will learn how to focus their creative ideas, how to present them and where to go next.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
You'll also need the following materials:
- Thin card or pattern cutting card (A3)
- Masking tape
- Steel ruler
- Cutting board
- Trend research
- Storyboards /mood boards
- Developing design concepts and your personal design brief
- Material research and fittings
- Working drawings and looking at spec sheets
- Insight in to the bag industry
- Introduction to prototyping
Meet the Tutor:
This Bag Design short course will teach you whats involved creatively at each stage of the design process from conception to development to your final idea.