UAL International Postgraduate £7,000 Scholarships
Criteria 1: You must hold an offer to study a full-time, part-time or online taught master's course at one of UAL's Colleges and Institutes starting in 2023/24.
- Your course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MBA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK.
Criteria 2: You need to qualify for the Overseas category of tuition fee status. Read more about Postgraduate Tuition Fees.
Criteria 3: You have achieved, or are predicted to achieve, an upper second-class honours degree or above at undergraduate level. Recognised equivalent qualifications are also accepted. To check your eligibility, read the International Academic Qualifications Equivalency (PDF 472 KB).
- You will need to provide your transcripts as proof of your qualification.
- If you have not yet received your results, you will need to provide evidence of your predicted grade as part of your application. When you receive your results, you will need to provide further evidence that you have achieved your predicted grade to be granted the award.
Criteria 4: You must provide a personal statement as part of your scholarship application which responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe your background and your academic experience.
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Confirm any other sources of funding you have, or have applied for, to meet the cost of your studies in the UK.
Criteria 5: You are able to support your application with a satisfactory personal reference from an academic or professional referee. Your reference must be provided in English.
Once you've received an offer to study at UAL, the ‘my funding’ page on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.
If you submit a scholarship application, we will email you by the following dates to let you know if you have been successful:
|Course Start Date||Application Deadline||Decision|
|September/October 2023||Friday 14 April 2023 (Round 1)||Early June 2023|
|September/October 2023||Friday 30 June 2023 (Round 2)||Mid August 2023|
|January 2024||Wednesday 1 November 2023||Mid December 2023|
We are unable to accept late applications. Any incomplete applications may not be considered. If you apply in Round 1 and don’t hear back from us by the advertised decision date, your application will be considered in Round 2.
If your application is successful you will be sent an award letter and if you want to accept the scholarship you will be required to complete, sign and return the acceptance form.
Your tuition fees will be raised directly to your fees account in the first year of your course.
For those studying Online, part-time or extended full time courses where your scholarship award may be more than your Year 1 course fee, the surplus will be used towards your Year 2 fees.
Scholarships are awarded by a UAL selection panel, who make their decision based on the evidence provided in your application.
If you have successful applications for more than one UAL award or scholarship, you must choose which of them you would like to receive, as you are only able to hold one at a time.
If you need help, please get in touch using our student enquiry form.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.