Fees-only Scholarship in Cosmetic Science
- Home fee status students can apply. You will be fee assessed after you apply to UAL - find out more about Fee Status
- Qualification type:PhD
- 3 year full time opportunity open to UK students
- Students must be resident in the UK for the duration of the award
- Applicants should hold, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in Cosmetic Science or related areas (e.g. Chemistry, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry) with substantial laboratory experience
- A relevant master’s degree and/or experience in 3D printing is desirable
- An IELTS (academic) overall score of 7.0 (and 7.0 in writing) is essential for candidates for whom English is not their first language.
All AHRC awards are subject to the AHRC Terms and Conditions, so please familiarise yourself with these before applying. For further information about eligibility criteria, and terms and conditions, read the AHRC's Research Funding Guide.
London College of Fashion (LCF) is one of six constituent colleges at UAL with a strong inter- and transdisciplinary academic fashion-related portfolio, including: technology, artefact, sustainable design, costume for performance, communication design, film and digital media, psychology, cosmetic science, social science, curation, cultural studies, creative branding and marketing. LCF/UAL facilities include extensive cross-College archives, collections, well stocked libraries and specialist laboratories.
This PhD scholarship in Cosmetic Science opportunity invites suitable candidates with scientific background and an interest in new technologies and cosmetic innovation. London College of Fashion is seeking innovative proposals related to the application of 3D printing technology to personalised cosmetics, accompanied with comprehensive research into the underlying technological aspects.
UAL’s research is assessed as being 83% world leading and international in the UK Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) for Art & Design: History, Practice, Theory. It is ranked within the top five research universities in its broader peer group in the UK and first in the Power ranking for Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory category.
Application deadline: 19 April 2022 / Interviews May 2022
Programme start: October 2022
General enquiries: to discuss the specific aims of the Scholarship, please contact Dr Milica Stevic at email@example.com.
Read more about research degrees at UAL and how to apply.
Applications for shortlisting should be submitted by 9 am, 19 April 2022 (interviews May 2022). Please indicate ‘Fees-only scholarship in Cosmetic Science at London College of Fashion’ in your application.
Funding amount: Annual Home Fees (currently £5,720) for 3 years.
To discuss this scholarship, please contact Dr Milica Stevic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general enquiries about research at UAL, contact email@example.com.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.