Advanced Learner Loan
Home students aged 19 or older can apply to cover their tuition fees.
The rules for those starting in 2022/23 have not been confirmed yet, however, we expect them to be:
- studying on the Foundation Diploma Art and Design in 2022/23
- be aged 19 or over on 5 September 2022
- be living in the UK on 5 September 2022
- have been living in the UK, Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man for three years prior to the first day of the course
- be a UK national or have ‘settled’ status in the UK.
Please refer to the section below.
You may also be eligible if:
- you are a UK national that has been living outside of the UK, or
- Are an EU national or family member of an EU national, or
- have different residency status in the UK.
The eligibility rules are complex so please see the detailed information and criteria on the Advanced Learner Loan: Eligibility - GOV.UK page.
Cover your tuition fees for a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
Find out what your tuition fees are: Further Education Tuition Fees
Before applying you must have an offer of a place on the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design.
- In May you will receive a Learning and Funding Information Letter from the University which you need for the loan application.
- Apply for the Advanced Learner Loan at Student Finance England.
- If successful, you'll receive a letter from Student Finance England confirming that your loan has been approved.
- Enrol at your College showing your loan confirmation letter from Student Finance England.
- Your tuition fees will be paid directly to the University by Student Finance England.
Visit GOV.UK to find out:
- what you'll get
- when to repay your loan
- how to apply
- extra help.
Contact the Student Advice Service for further information and support on financial matters related to your course.