AA Dipl, RIBA II, Pgcert Learning and Teaching (dist), MRes Landscape & Urbanism, UAL Senior Teaching Scholar, Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy
Shibboleth is a spatial design lecturer and researcher. She is first year co-ordinator and a design studio leader on BA (hons) Interior and Spatial Design at Chelsea College of Arts.
Shibboleth studied architecture at the Architectural Association and practiced in a number of multidisciplinary firms as an urban designer, researcher and public engagement facilitator, working collaboratively with professionals from a range of fields to create sustainable, memorable places.
Shibboleth has taught and developed educational programs for both practice and theory of spatial design, across spatial scales, from the interior to the architectural to the urban, at a variety of academic institutions. Her pedagogical practice is concerned with sustainability pedagogy, focused on participatory learning, with students working in real sites, through live, collaborative projects, in which they are asked to critically engage with site and community.
Shibboleth's research is concerned with sustainable development, focusing on the relationship between everyday practices and global issues and on the importance of collaboration, participation and engagement of diverse stakeholders in the design process to bring change.
- Bradfield M, Shechter S. Mapping Methods of the Millbank Atlas (2019)
- Bradfield M, Shechter S. The Millbank Atlas: Catalysing community-based research in a spirit of civic responsibility (2018)
- Shechter S. Making Together: Three Little Tea Rooms, Details and Spaces, Re-constructing Garden (2018)
- Bradfield M, Shechter S. The Exhibition and Other Learning Environments in The Millbank Atlas
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Bradfield M, Shechter S. The Civic University and Locally-Engaged Practice in Art and Design Education (2017)
- Shechter S, Pestana M. The Extended Art and Design Institution: experimenting with new relationships (2015)
- Shechter S, Pestana M. Engage (2014)
- Shechter S. A Mosaic of Gardens (2013)
- Shechter S. Co-designing Speakers Corner (2012)
- Shechter S. Designing Speakers’ Corner (2012)
- Shechter S, Worthington C. Garden stories (2014)