BiographyLiz is Educational Developer: Academic Enhancement, based at London College of Fashion. Liz supports course teams to enhance student experience and eliminate the university’s awarding differentials by co-designing a range of pedagogic initiatives in attainment, social justice and anti-racism.
She co-leads the Academic Enhancement Model strand on Fostering Belonging and Compassionate Pedagogies, and co-publishes a range of open-access teaching and learning resources. These include a series of belonging podcasts and the AEM Toolbox, a set of practical resources which draw on sector research and local practice to share tried and tested enhancement approaches for student success.
Liz has worked as an educator in art and design higher education since 2014, and has 15 years experience as a creative strategist in the UK advertising industry. Her research investigates belonging and compassion in Higher Education.
Grants and awards
(Figures indicate amount awarded to UAL)
- Quality Assurance Association (QAA), QAA Collaborative Enhancement Project 2021, £10,000.00, (2021-2022)
- Bunting L, Hill V. Relational Reflections: How do we nurture belonging in creative Higher Education? (2021)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Hill V, Bunting L, Currant N, Salines E. Grading, Care and Ethics: A Timely/ Timeless Provocation (2022)
- Hill V, Bunting L. How do we create belonging in creative educational spaces? Presence and Belonging in Digital Education (2021)
- Currant N, Bunting L. What do we mean by student belonging? (2021)
- Bunting L, Salines E. Belonging through assessment: Pipelines of compassion (2021)
- Hill V, Bunting L. How do we create belonging in creative educational spaces? (2021)
- Hill V, Bunting L. How do we foster belonging in creative educational spaces? (2021)
- Bunting L, Finnigan T. Attainment at UAL (2018)
- Bunting L. Creative Brief Writing: The Launchpad for Great Creative Work (2018)
Current research students
- Paola Cicchetti, Musician Celebrity Endorsement and Generation Z: An Investigation of the Motivational Drivers Impacting the Purchase Intention of UK Young Consumers (Lead supervisor)
- Ting Ting Sham, High End Luxury in the Millennial World: How High End Luxury Brands Use Instagram to Build Relationships With Female Millennials (Lead supervisor)