Judy is Head of Museum & Study Collection at Central Saint Martins, a member of teaching staff on CSM's MA Culture, Criticism and Curation and a Senior Research Fellow with an interest in museology, archives, curation and object-based learning. In 2012 Judy was co-founder of the Share Academy programme exploring how universities collaborate with museums and the wider cultural heritage sector. More recently she has developed a research interest in wellbeing, and is the co-convener (with Dr Joanne Morra) of the UAL Creative Practices, Education and Wellbeing Community of Practice.
Grants and awards
(Figures indicate amount awarded to UAL)
- Arts Council of England, Share Academy: The Bigger Picture, £99,900.00, (2015-2016)
- Willcocks J, Barton G. Object-based self-enquiry: A multi- and trans- disciplinary pedagogy for transformational learning (2017)
- Willcocks J. Creative solutions: What can art and design pedagogy bring to social prescribing programmes? (2017)
- Bonacchi C, Willcocks J. Realities and impacts of museum-university partnerships in England (2016)
- Dent K, Willcocks J. The impact of strategic agencies on university partnerships with cultural heritage organisations in England (2016)