BiographyMy cross-disciplinary practice incorporates photography, film, and installation, exploring the performance of masculinities and the social and political contexts of communities.
My work was previously published in a series of monographs by Super Labo in Japan (Fifteen Minutes with You, 2012) and in the UK by Damien Hirst's Other Criteria (End of Real, 2005; Yassin, 2009; Chokras’ Mahal (Boys' Palace), 2011). I exhibited at the White Cube gallery in London and have participated in numerous group and solo exhibitions in Europe, Japan, China, Israel and the United States, as well as written a number of book chapters and academic journal articles on the construction of identity and masculinity through photographic images.
My work had been cited in numerous art publications such as The Story of The Face: The Magazine that Changed Culture by Paul Gorman; Moving Targets 2: A User's Guide to British Art Now by Louisa Buck; Lucky Kunst: The Rise and Fall of Young British Art by Gregor Muir; White Cube: 44 Duke Street, St James's, London by Liam Gillick; Display Copy Only: A Book of Intro Work by Adrian Shaughnessy; and Factual Nonsense by Darren Coffield.
My fashion work and brand collaborations (Gucci, Givenchy, Armani, Chanel, Coach, Martine Rose) has been published in a variety of fashion and culture magazines such as Numéro Berlin and Numéro Homme Berlin, Frankfurter Allgemeine Quarterly, Numéro China, Replica Man Magazine, and Heroine magazine.
- Doron I. Boys' Palace (2016)
- Doron I. Helden für einen Tag (Heroes For A Day) (2015)
- Doron I. ‘Penal Colony’: Guest Álbum (2014)
- Doron I. Portrait of Miroslav Stoykov in The World in London exhibition. (2012)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Doron I. Orientalist Reveries: the Visual Representations and Appropriations of the ‘Arabian’ Space by the Non-Muslim Male Traveller - from Travel Literature to Photography and Contemporary Fashion imagery (2015)
- Doron I. Tinker, Soldier, Sailor, Thief: Identity, Discourse, Narrative and Representation of the Male Sexual Outlaw as a Gay Fantasy Figure and its Appropriation from Art and Literature into Fashion Imagery (2014)
- Doron I. ‘Queering Foreign Bodies: Discourse and Identity in Visual Representations of Straight Migrant Men' (2013)
- Doron I. Waahid in Jaffa (2016)
- Doron I. Rockers Galore & Selected Photographs: Josh Cheuse, Itai Doron and Ross McNicol (2015)
- Doron I, Braun S. Strays (2011)
- Doron I. Strays (2011)
- Doron I. Keep me posted (2010)