BiographyDavid Morris is a writer, researcher and educator. He is an editor at Afterall (Central Saint Martins, London). He is also co-editor, with Sylvère Lotringer, of Schizo-Culture: The Event, The Book (2014, Semiotext(e)/MIT Press) and co-curator of the exhibition project ‘Cracks in the Street’ (SPACE, London, 2014). He has been working with the Semiotext(e) archive since 2011, with a focus on the 1975 ‘Schizo-Culture’ conference.
His writing has been published in publications including Art & the Public Sphere, Cabinet, Art Monthly, frieze, A Circular and the Los Angeles Review of Books, as well as various exhibition texts and catalogue essays. He is an editor of Afterall journal and managing editor of Afterall’s Exhibition Histories series, and teaches at University of the Arts, London. Other recent projects include Wendelien Van Oldenborgh: Amateur (with Emily Pethick and Wendelien Van Oldenborgh, Sternberg Press/The Showroom/If I Can't Dance, 2016).
With Pedro Cid Proença he is working on Neither & Both or Something Third, an introduction to the work of Stefan Themerson through his short-form writing, in collaboration with the Themerson Archive. To date this work has been disseminated through performances, texts and archival displays at tenletters, Glasgow and ‘Accompaniment’ (EFA Project Space, New York, 2015) and Afterall issue 41 (Spring/Summer 2016).
- Morris D. Анти-шоу. АПТАРТ как искусство взаимодействия ("Anti-Shows. APTART as the Art of Interaction.") (2017)
- Morris D. Anti-Shows (2017)
- Morris D. Not Now: A Conversation with Walter Benjamin (2016)
- Morris D. Themerson & Themerson (2016)
- Morris D. Foreword (2015)
- Teh D, Morris D. Artist-to-Artist: Independent Art Festivals in Chiang Mai 1992–98 (2018)
- Morris D. Anti-Shows: APTART 1982–84 (2017)
- Morris D. Amateur: Wendelien van Oldenborgh (2016)
- Lotringer S, Morris D. Schizo-Culture: The Event, The Book (2014)
- Morris D. DIY (2018)
- Morris D. Schizo-Culture: Cracks in the Street (2014)