The UAL Alumni of Colour Association (AOCA) is a supportive community that works to increase the visibility of people of colour in the creative industries - and celebrates their work and achievements. The AOCA is made up of a committee of dedicated UAL alumni volunteers, who so kindly donate their time and expertise to run an annual programme of inspiring events to support the ever-growing network.
Due to the success of these events, the AOCA is expanding, and looking for enthusiastic and open-minded alumni of colour, or allies, to join us in the following voluntary roles.
Head of Outreach and Partnerships
- Identifying and contacting possible partnerships, sponsors and community collaborations for the AOCA
- Maintain positive ongoing relationships with current partners and explore new ways to grow the partnerships
- Promote the network and grow the membership
- Steward the AOCA and search for opportunities for creative collaboration
Head of Events
- Working on event strategy with the other AOCA Committee members – devising event themes, content, venues etc.
- Networking to find suitable speakers and external input
- Identifying suitable networks to promote events
- Assisting the UAL alumni team with the marketing of events
- Welcoming guests at events, and liaising with AV, catering etc to ensure the smooth running of events
- Assisting UAL alumni team and AOCA Committee with managing the success of events, metrics and suggestions for improvement
- Working with the Head of Communications to curate content for event invites, AOCA social media (in progress) and other campaigns
- Work with the Head of Communications and the UAL Alumni team on marketing newsletters to promote the AOCA
- Ensure any communications are aligned with UAL’s brand guidelines
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us in no more than 500 words why you are qualified for the role, and why you want to be involved in the AOCA. Please include any relevant links to your work.
The deadline for applications is Monday 31 May 2021.