Coco Chanel at LCF
This September, LCF will host a new exhibition featuring portraits of Chanel by the painter Marion Pike, who became a friend of Coco when she met her to paint her portrait in 1967.
Coco Chanel: A new portrait by Marion Pike, Paris 1967 -1971 opens at The Fashion Space Gallery, at LCF’s John Prince’s Street campus, on September 5 until November 16. It includes five striking portraits of Chanel – which have never before been exhibited together, as well as beautiful haute couture fashion pieces worn by Marion and her daughter, Jeffie Pike Durham, who has lent all the exhibits.
Promising classic style, monumental portraits, and a new insight into the life of a fashion legend, the exhibition is the story of the friendship between two incredibly talented 20th century women, and also Jeffie’s memories of an extraordinary era.
If you can’t wait until September, get a taste of things to come by having a peek at…
- A preview of the exhibition on Vogue
- “Exhibition Unveils Gorgeous Portraits By Marion Pike” on Marie Claire
- An interview with curator Amy de la Haye, on District MTV
- A preview of the exhibition on Style.com
- “Stunning Chanel portraits” on The Positive