Alumni Design Competition 2020
This year the UAL Alumni Association Design Competition is bigger than ever. Not only are we looking for three designs to feature on our alumni merchandise, but we’re also looking for one extra special design to use for our brand new alumni library card pack.
Are you a UAL alum or final year student graduating this summer?
Entrants will be in with the chance to win either an iPad, a place on a UAL Short Course, or £250 worth of Amazon vouchers. The winners will also be featured across UAL’s blog, website, social media and internal/external email newsletters.
The UAL Alumni Association: The World’s Largest Creative Network
When you graduate from one of UAL’s six Colleges, you automatically become a member of the UAL Alumni Association - a dynamic, international, creative network of over 235,000 graduates. Even after you have left UAL, the Alumni Association provides you with invaluable support, and helps keep you connected to each other and your college. The merchandise produced to promote the UAL Alumni Association is given to graduates and students at world-wide events, UAL graduation ceremonies and across our campus’.
We are looking for creative, contemporary, simple designs that celebrate the spirit of UAL and the impressiveness of our global community. Designs can be colour or black & white and include any medium (such as illustration, graphics, drawing, painting…), but will need to be submitted digitally. Your design will be printed on the alumni library card pack, cotton tote bags, tea towels or sketch pads.
The four selected artists will receive:
- One top prize of an iPad and UAL short course
- Three further prizes of £250 Amazon voucher
- A featured article along with the three other winning artists, highlighting your work and telling your story. There will also be links to your website and social media pages. This article will be posted on UAL’s news blog, featured on the UAL Alumni Association homepage and in the monthly UAL Alumni Bulletin (sent to approx. 88,000 graduates world-wide).
- The designs and relevant contact information/website/ social media will be shared across UAL Alumni Association social media pages (Facebook and Instagram) and across other UAL channels. It will also be featured on the UAL Alumni Association homepage.
- Artists will be credited on all printed materials featuring their design.
To help you ensure that your design fits the items that will be produced for graduation 2020, please refer to the dimensions below.
- Alumni library card pack dimensions - various
- Tea towel design dimensions – 39.46 (W) x 60 (H) CM
- Tote bag design dimensions – 34 (W) x 36.3 (H) CM
- A5 Note pads design dimensions (front and back) – 21 (W) x 14.8 (H) CM
Submissions are welcome from all UAL graduates from a foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate course, or final year student graduating this summer.
The final four designs will be chosen by a selection panel and judged on their originality, creativity, public appeal, adaptability and ability to capture the themes suggested in the brief. Entrants are welcome to submit up to three designs, however, only one per artist will make the final selection.
Applications close at Midnight, Sunday 3 May 2020.
Past Winning Entries
UAL will own the intellectual property (IP) of the final winning designs. IP for all submitted but not selected designs will remain with the artist.
If you have any queries about the competition or have difficulty completing the online form, please contact the Alumni Team: firstname.lastname@example.org