Camberwell offers courses in Art, Design and Conservation. With around 1,600 Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate students it's one of London's smaller art colleges.
Our unique studio culture offers students the freedom and support to explore their individual creativity using facilities that embrace both traditional craftsmanship and digital technology.
Our courses help students develop their own ideas through:
- creating work with guidance from our expert staff
- encouraging open dialogue with tutors and other staff members
- developing creative industry connections
What's the area like?
Camberwell's south east London location is also home to a thriving art scene that hosts a variety of galleries, project spaces and studios that our students, staff and graduates work and exhibit in.
Who went to Camberwell?
Many of Camberwell's graduates have gone on to gain international prominence within their field and include:
- Jody Barton - Illustrator
- Gillian Carnegie - Artist
- Alice Hawkins - Photographer
- Junko Mori - Artist
- Kate Moross - Art Director, Studio Moross
- Gregor Muir - Executive Director, Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA)
- Matthew Stone - Artist
- Matthew Clark - Founder and Creative Director, United Visual Artists